New Fluke 1730 Three phase Electrical Energy Logger.Posted on September 30 2013
Discover where you’re wasting energy - reduce your energy bill
Energy logging is now within your reach— discover where you’re wasting energy, optimize your facility’s energy use and reduce your bill. The Fluke 1730 Three-Phase Electrical Energy logger introduces a new simplicity to discovering sources of electrical energy waste. Discover when and where energy in your facility is being consumed; from the service entrance to individual circuits. The purpose of this tool is to make it feasible for a greater variety of licensed electrical professionals to setup and connect the logger, and for a facility manager to review energy usage logs without being a power quality expert. Profiling energy usage across your facility helps you identify opportunities for energy savings, and provides you with the data you need to act on them. The new Energy Analyze software package allows you to compare multiple data points over time to build a complete picture of energy usage, which is the first step to reduce the cost of your energy bill.
|Fluke 1730 Three Phase Electrical Energy Logger||
The Fluke 1730 enables users to capture the data they need to make energy savings in their facilities. By discovering where, when and how much energy is being used allows energy usage to be compared with activity in the facility. The 1730 consists of measurement hardware and application software so that data can be collected and reports created with the minimum of effort. The 1730 instrument is incredibly easy to use; it even makes automatic checks to ensure the user has connected the leads and current sensors up correctly. Downloading data is quick and simple – and can be written directly to a USB stick without having to use a computer for downloading. The Energy Analyze application software allows users to download, analyze and compile report in minutes.
Features / Benefits
- Key measurements: voltage, current, power, power factor and associated values enable energy saving strategies to be implemented.
- Bright, color touch screen: perform convenient in-the-field analysis and data checks with full graphical display.
- Comprehensive logging: all measured values are automatically logged and can be reviewed during logging and before downloading for on the-go analysis. More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored on the instrument.
- Optimized user interface: quick, guided, graphical setup ensures you’re capturing the right data every time, and the intelligent verification function indicates correct connections have been made, reducing user uncertainty.
- Complete ‘in-the-field’ setup through the front panel: no need to return to the workshop for download and setup or to take a computer to the electrical panel.
- Wide range power: power instrument from a receptacle or directly from the measured circuit (500V maximum) eliminating the need to find a power outlet while allowing the instrument to be secured safely inside electrical panels.
- Two USB ports: one for PC connection and another for fast, simple download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices.
- Compact size: designed to fit in tight spaces and panels.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimized measurement accessories: flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery.
- Security: safeguard against theft with a Kensington lock.
- All new, Energy Analyze application software: download, analyze and automated reporting for a complete picture of energy saving potential.
|Meter Mode||RMS Power||Fundamental Power|
THD of Voltage and Current (%)
AUX Voltage (V)
|Active Power (P) in W
Apparent power (S) in VA
Non-active power (D) in var
Power factor (PF)
|Fundamental Active Power in W
Fundamental Reactive Power in var
Fundamental Apparent Power in VA
Displacement Power Factor (DPF) / cos ϕ
Questions You May Encounter
Question: Is the Fluke 1730 a power quality analyzer?
Answer: No, the Fluke 1730 is designed to allow facilities professionals discover their energy savings potential. The only power quality measurement made by the Fluke 1730 is total harmonic distortion, if this number is high then it’s time to consider a product like the Fluke 430-II Series.
Question: When should the user order the Fluke 1730/BASIC?
Answer: When he needs to measure current above 1,500A or measure on larger conductors. The Fluke 1730/BASIC is configured with the needs of specialist users in mind. It is delivered without current measurement accessories; the user needs to specify the current accessories they prefer for their application or situation.
Question: What is the difference between the Fluke 1730 and the Fluke 1735?
Answer: The Fluke 1735 has more power quality measurement capability. The Fluke 1730 is a pure energy logger; this functionality is a subset of the Fluke 1735. However for users performing energy or load studies the Fluke 1730 will be a useful, additional tool.
Question: What accessories would you recommend that I buy with the Fluke 1730?
Answer: The hanger kit is a must have, it makes installing so much easier. The auxiliary input cable is very useful if you want to log other parameters like temperature along with energy and if you have a wide variety of circuit types and sizes, additional current probes will be helpful.
- 1730 Energy Logger
- Power Supply
- Voltage Test Leads
- Dolphin Clips, Black
- i1730-flex1500 i1730-flex1500/3PK, set of three Thin-Flexi Current Probes, 30.5 cm (12 in)
- Color-coded Wire Clips
- Power Cord
- Test lead with stackable plugs, 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Test lead with stackable plugs, 2 m (6.6 ft)
- DC Power Cable
- USB Cable A, Mini-USB
- Soft Storage Bag/Case
- Input Connector Decal
- Documentation Info Pack (Quick Reference Card, Safety, Information, Battery Pack Safety Information, iFlex Probe Safety Information, i40s-EL Current Clamp Safety Information
- 4GB Flash drive